The Higgins Building is a proto-modernist building, built and owned by Thomas Higgins in 1909. The building was originally used for office space and transformed in 2002 into downtown lofts by architects Albert C. Martin, Sr. and A.L. Haley. The Higgins Building also houses one of Los Angeles' premier nightclubs in its basement, The Edison, which opened in 2007. The Higgins Building basement originally was LA's first ever power plant, transformed by entrepreneurs Andrew Meieran and Marc Smith into a post-industrial venue for Los Angeles bar-goers. This 10-story Beaux-Arts style building is a designated historical monument by the City. 108 West 2nd St., LA, CA 90012

About the Building...

  • 10 Stories
  • 135 Units
  • Built in 1909, Modernized in 2002
  • Mills Act Approved
  • Rooftop Common Area
  • 24-Hour Guarded Entrance

The Residences...

  • Polished Concrete Floors
  • Gourmet Stainless Steel Kitchens
  • Exposed Ceilings
  • Washer/Dryer Hookups